Wednesday, June 17, 2009

9:50 AM-
EIFFEL TOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, I’m waiting in line to catch the elevator to the top. Later: Louvre, Seine River Boat Tour, and Momarte.
Epic!

12:23 PM- On the boat for the Seine River tour
The Eiffel Tower was fantastic! I had no idea how huge it was. We went all the way to the top via elevator and came half way down using the stairs. Let me tell you, there were a lot of stairs.
Going to enjoy getting some sun today, it’s very nice out. I’m very hungry!!!!

9:45 PM- Hotel
We got lunch at the cafeteria outside of the Louvre ( I had salmon, peas, and carrots, yum!). Then we had two hours to spend in the Louvre. It was very cool because people 18 and younger got in free. Very nice.
But the Louvre!!!!! Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! Kera, Melissa, Kayla, Bubba and I booked it directly to the Denon wing which held the statue Victory, the statue of Venus de Milo, and……the Mona Lisa. Oh my gracious, it was like an art overload. Seeing the Mona Lisa in person was in the words of Tomas Morgan, “The coolest moment of the trip so far.”
After seeing the artwork (and getting slightly lost) and doing a little shopping in the museum shop, we hopped on the subway and headed to Momarte (yes, where the movie ‘Moulin Rouge’ is set!!!!!!!) and did some shopping. I got some spiffy wonderful fabric! The area, according to Ms. Webb, has grown much seedier over the years.
We had dinner in Momarte after an hour of shopping and several gypsy-with-bracelet attacks. The place we ate at fed us salads with chicken, ham, lettuce, tomatoes, and tons of fried potatoes. Mine was very good, even if I only ate the potatoes and the meat. J
After taking the subway back to the hotel area, we stopped “quickly” at the Franprix Market for food and such before the train ride tomorrow. It got a little scary when some freakish guys started surveying our group and following us around the store. Creepy!! Luis says that the gypsies will be far worse once we get to Spain. He says they’ll be more like they are in Italy. I really hope our group is able to make it.
Okay, tomorrow is the train day! I need to pack and such. Good night!!!

Love,
Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment